Studios for rent
Hangar has workshops and workspaces for artists in differents forms of residence.
As a multidisciplinary production center, Hangar hosts a wide range of projects and artists. That’s why it offers workshops to rent to develop any artistic practice between a month and a maximum of two years depending on the type of call and the modality of the residence: short stays up to three months, long stays, punctual production residencys, or exchange residencys.
In this website as well in our newsletter and also in Hangar’s social networks, we will be communicating the different calls that are open.
· Workshop specifications
Available workshops: 14 spaces (up to 18 workshops)
12 spaces of 30m2
4 spaces of 60 m2
The spaces of 30m2 are for individual use, the 4 spaces of 60m2 are usually shared by 2 artists.
30m2 studio rent: 130,26 € / month (IVA included).
Work desk, power outlets, sink, internet connection (wi-fi), showers and heating. The artists on a long term residency have at its disposal the following services free of charge: audiovisual equipment, the digital image lab and the self-editing suite. A plató and a multi-purpose space. Free acces to Hangar’s workshops and activities and free production advice from Hangar’s team. Thanks to the collaboration between Hangar and Hamaca (a distributor of video art and media art) videoartists will be able to include one video art work in their catalog.
Once a year there is an open call for long stays. Short stays depend on studio availability. The application is to be made online. The selection process is carried out by the programme committee.
Artists or groups who need a studio for developing projects or specific commissions, artists who are starting out and need a studio (for up to two years) or artists moving to Barcelona on a temporary basis.
· 2017 Rates (IVAincluded). 30 m2 studios: € 130,26€ /month
Deposit : 2 months rent
Once a year there is an open call for long stays. Short stays depend on studio availability.
The application is online. Hangar’s selection committee is in charge of the selection process.
. Basic evaluation criteria:
* Correct presentation of all documents and materiasl stipulated in the open call. Required format and with the appropriate extension.
* The adjustment of personal information to the specific conditions stipulated in the open call whether it applies to the studio rent or for an exchange grant.
* Clear presentation of written and visual information.
* The quality of the artist’s work in general and in particular for project being presented.
* The artists’ professional approach to describing and defending their projects, in writing or during the personal interview.
Hangar does not currently provide grants to foreign artists travelling to Barcelona. All artists, regardless of their nationality, are eligible to work in one of Hangar’s studios. Travel and accommodation expenses to Barcelona, as well as the studio monthly rent shall becharged by the artist.
+34 93 308 4041 ext. 27